Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water except for medications as directed ) six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- Do not smoke at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the IV anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, upset stomach or bowel, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Theoharidis and Meier prior to your surgical date for instructions.